Of course, drinking is a pleasure. We all agree on that, but it can’t be overdone. Alcohol damages many organs of your body. A cautious person will want to detox his body after realizing it. Or, maybe you have to go through a drug test, so you have already started taking detox pills. What now? Do you just quit drinking?
So, your question is, can you drink alcohol while taking detox pills?
The answer is yes. You can drink alcohol while taking detox pills. But it is not smart to add more drugs and more liquid toxins to your body while detoxing. Your detox pills must work hard enough to detox your body from more toxins.
We have covered everything you might want to know regarding drinking alcohol while detoxing. So, keep reading and clear all of your confusion.
Can You Drink Alcohol While Taking Detox Pills?
Taking detox pills indicates that you are trying to get rid of booze or drugs like marijuana or THC from your body. If you are preparing for the drug test, then it is your best option.
Detox pills normally work against the toxin of drugs that your body has. And alcohol is a liquid toxin. Adding more toxins to your body while others are already enough is not a smart idea. Drinking alcohol or liquid toxins can minimize your result.
However, we know quitting alcohol is not just tough but sometimes impossible. You can allow yourself one to three drinks per week instead of not drinking at all. It is not good, but you can drink alcohol while taking detox pills for your cravings. But remember to keep it at the lowest level.
Try to minimize your alcohol level every day so that you do not have cravings for alcohol. You can drink while attending a formal party and having a good feast. So drinking lightly should not be that much of a problem.
How and What to Drink While Detoxing?
Now, you may ask, can you drink wine during a detox? when it comes to the point that you must drink something, then there are some drinks you may consider.
- Red Wine: Some researchers claim that occasionally drinking red wine is good for your health. It has many antioxidants and can prevent heart disease, inflammation, etc.
- Champagne: Like red wine, occasional and limited drinking of champagne is also good for your health. It is made of white and red grapes and has a higher level of antioxidants too. It prevents damage to your blood vessels, lowers the risk of heart disease, etc. It is lower in calories than most drinks.
- A Drink on the Rocks: If you love hard liquor, you can try a drink on the rocks. When you sip the strong liquor, it will automatically downturn you. So likely, you will drink less even without knowing. It can be bourbon, scotch, or vodka, try drinking on the rocks.
- Guinness: Guinness is an Irish stout beer. It has only 4.1% to 4.3% ABV (alcohol by volume), and Guinness has the lowest amount of alcohol compared to the other beers. It has fewer calories than the other beers, only around 125 calories (if you are wondering). It is worth it to give it a shot.
Wait a moment, just because we mentioned some drinks does not mean you can booze on these. As we have mentioned earlier, you can drink these drinks occasionally and not more than one or two servings. Otherwise, there is no meaning in detoxifying your body.
Which Foods are Good While Detoxing Alcohol?
Detoxification can be very uncomfortable. Some healthy, nutritious foods can help you prevent the uncomfortable effects of detoxifying.
- Water: During detoxing, you need to drink a lot of water. Because of the withdrawal of alcohol or drinking less alcohol, your body is already adjusting to less fluid intake. That is why you may face several issues, like vomiting, sweating, loss of appetite, etc. So, if you do not want to face the problems, drink more water and keep your body hydrated.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables regulate hunger levels and blood sugar perfectly as they digest slowly because of their higher fiber level. Researchers have found that alcohol withdrawal may cause cravings for sweets. And here comes fruits, fruits have sugar that fulfills the craving. Fruits also keep your body hydrated, and it is full of antioxidants.
- Foods Containing Vitamin B: If you take drugs or alcohol for a long time, your body might suffer from vitamin B deficiency. So eat foods that contain vitamin B and replenish your vitamin B supply. Leafy greens, chickens, salmon, whole grains, beans, lentils, etc contain vitamin B. You may also take vitamin B supplements.
- Omega-3 fats: Foods that contain omega-3 fats that prevent inflammation can stabilize your mood and improve your brain function. Salmon fish, chili and flaxseed, and walnuts contain omega-3 fats.
Does Lemon Water Help Detox Alcohol?
Does lemon water help detox alcohol? Yes, a simple mixture of lemon and water (hot or cold does not matter) without sugar can help detox alcohol naturally. But remember, lemon water only works when you do not drink alcohol heavily. If you are heavily alcoholic and addicted to it, lemon water can not help you. You should go to a treatment center.
For a normal drinker, lemon water just works fine and detoxes alcohol. Let’s see the benefits of lemon water during alcohol detox.
- Lemon and water both help to rehydrate your body after you stop drinking.
- Alcohol damages the liver and kidneys the most, and lemon water cleanses the liver and kidneys.
- Lemon Water aids in the digestion of alcohol and reduces nausea.
- Alcohol leaches out vitamin C, and lemon water provides vitamin C. So, lemon water can replenish the supply of vitamin c in your body.
Does Green Tea Help Detox Alcohol
Does green tea help detox alcohol?
Yes, green tea is great for detoxing. Green tea can improve your detoxifying process as it helps to remove toxins from your body. But as we have said earlier, for lemon water, that is right for green, too. Green tea does not work for an alcoholic or addict. You need to go to a treatment center to start your detox and to help you detox, you can drink green tea.
Green tea rehydrates your body. Green tea has a great number of antioxidants that help to function the liver. We know that alcohol causes damage to our liver, and green tea helps to protect the liver from this type of damage.
We know that self-deprivation sounds great in theory and in motivational books, but in reality, it is brutal. Isn’t it? This is why we are not suggesting you quit alcohol for good, this is grown-ups’ stuff. We are just suggesting keeping it in your control.
We bet you want to lead a healthy life and enjoy life, and for your balanced life, we suggest you drink green tea regularly. You can drink occasionally, but you should drink tea regularly. And drinking green tea regularly will help you detox alcohol.
What foods help with alcohol cravings?
Some foods can reduce alcohol cravings. Here are 5 foods that can help you with alcohol cravings.
- Chicken: Protein can provide you with a source of long-lasting energy. It can make you feel better in no time.
- Potatoes and whole grains: Swings in blood sugar can trigger cravings. Potatoes and whole grains can help to reduce swings in blood sugar.
- Fruits and Vegetables: During the detoxing, you may crave sweets. The sugar that fruits contain can fulfill your craving. Vegetables provide you with vitamins and keep your mood okay.
- Nuts: Nut and nuts butter can help you with your craving.
- Dairy Products: Dairy products can fulfill your cravings magically.
What are the alcohol withdrawal symptoms?
There are several symptoms you may face after alcohol withdrawal. Such as,
- Hallucinations etc.
How do I detox naturally?
For natural detoxing, you can drink lemon water and green tea. Fruit juice, smoothies, and a lot of water can also help. Maintaining a proper diet, eating fruits and vegetables, and fasting can work too. And obviously, get enough sleep.
The natural way only works for normal drinkers. For an addicted natural way supposedly won’t work. For an alcoholic, it is better to go to a treatment center.
That should clear any confusion on whether can you drink alcohol while taking detox pills.
It is up to you whether you want to add more toxins to your body. You can drink alcohol, but it can minimize your detoxifying result. I hope this article helped you to clear your doubts. Thank you